Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sheila Jackson Lee Spouts Off

Yesterday, Congressman Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX), dissed a constituent who had cancer at a Town Hall meeting. Ms. Lee, who has a tendency to refer to herself in the third person, was fielding questions at the meeting when a woman named Tracy started asking a question. As she was asking the question, Ms. Lee began carrying on a conversation on her cell phone.

Given the chance to explain, Ms. Lee came up with several explanations in just a few minutes ...

"I can multi-task; I wasn't talking on the phone, I was listening to a help-line; That video is doctored, it never happened; I wasn't rude; I was engaged and paying attention..." and on and on.

Is it any wonder Americans are angry?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes